The mask, is still worn
And continues the new normal
The covid free expectations are torn
And we continue talking formal
“New year, New month, New day” we say
“Make your goals”, even if they don’t work?
What is new?
Except of the calendar?
Have we returned back to normal?
No. We’re busy planting lavender.
Has our excitement for new year ended?
Yes, but another begins
We are still in the same grade!
And is covid over now? Everyone will just guess.
Christmas is not here
But santa Claus must be, hiding
Seeing us, if we’re good or not
Talking to the elves, who handle gift wrapping
If it’s a new year, it’s still the same season
If it’s a new dawn, darkness may come too
If we’re supposed to be positive, what about the virus?
If it’s a new day, night comes too right?
They say it’s a new year
They say it’s a new month
I know it’s January
But it still feels like December
©️ the box of wonder blog.
So that was my poem, as an entry for the December-vibes-poetry-contest!
- Design a post of your own and link back to the original post to notify the creator. Unnotified posts will not be judged.
- Paste the rules of this contest on your post if you have a blog. If not, contact us at firstname.lastname@example.org with your entry!
- Tag this post as December- Vibes- Poetry
- Last date of submission is 10 January.
- Word limit ranges to 200 words
- Inappropriate content shall be disqualified
- You can send no more than 2 entries.
- Nominate at least 5 people to participate in this contest.
- Thee last date for submission is ***
- Add the logo of this post that is:
I nominate all those who comment on this post! (You’ll be notified if you’re nominated!)